Flora Bora is a host family for the international organization called Willing Workers On Organic Farms (WWOOF). The WWOOF organization links up volunteers with organic growers in exchange for accommodation, food and the opportunity to learn more about rural way of life.
For the past few weeks we were lucky to have two wonderful WWOOFers from France. It was great sharing and living together. We learned a lot from them, and it made us a bit nostalgic to our traveling days and we were sad to say good bye.
They arrived to snow and ice and left with the arrival of spring.
Francois's favorite chair- one week before the ice came off.
Photo courtesy of Marie Colin
- Francois took a liking to chopping wood, he was a regular lumberjack.
- Cruizing Emma Lake.
- Relaxing in the woods after a days work.
- Marie and Francois made this beautiful trellis for my garden plants to climb…thank you I love it!
During their stay we visited Prince Albert National Park where we hiked three trails, saw an elk grazing by the Waskesiu River and that evening the Aurora Borealis made a showing… shortly after they voiced how nice it would be to see the northern lights during their stay.
- Marie heading to the ‘eye of the bog’.
- Waskesiu Lake- Early Spring
- Elk by Waskesiu River – photo courtesy of Marie Colin
On a rainy day we painted trail signs
For Marie and Francois’s last night we melded our two cultures with crepes and hot tubbing!!
- They taught us how to make Crepes…yah I love them!!!
- Hot Tubbing + Crepes =Magic
Tous les meilleurs sur votre nouvelle aventure François et Marie … nous espérons que nos chemins se croisent à nouveau un jour!