Although the “Green Bandwagon” seems to be filling up lately with more people interested in peddling their eco-wares, it shouldn’t take away from the important issue that we need to be conscious of our actions and the effects they have on the environment. We aren’t saying we’re fanatics however we do sincerely care about the environment and are always striving to live more respectfully, incorporating the simple adage of reduce, recycle, and reuse into our personal and business lives. Here are some of the things we do at Flora Bora:
- No/low VOC paints and finishes.
- Cleaning supplies are all natural and fragrance free.
- A composting and recycle centre.
- Rain water collection for watering.
- Use building materials and furnishings that are sustainable and non-toxic.
- Linens and towels are made from organic cotton.
- Energy efficient appliances and light bulbs.
- Use of pre-loved furnishings.
- No herbicides or pesticides are used on the property.
- Low flush toilets and low flow shower-heads.
- Lodge pole pine used in the yurts was sustainably harvested.
- Use of a solar dryer i.e. a clothesline for drying.
- We are careful not to disturb the ecology of Tuddle’s Lake and surrounding forest.
- We support partners, suppliers, organizations and activities that further conservation and sustainable development and include environmental responsibility as a key criteria for corporate decision-making.